It's your parent's Anniversary and if you are thinking about organizing them a great party there are a few things to think about first...
- Check that they are not already planning their own celebration, that would be a bit awkward if your dates clashed!
- Work out if you want it to be a surprise or not.
- Think about if your Mom and Dad would want to be involved in the planning
- The number of guests
- Your budget
- And the date of the party
Knowing the answers to these questions first of all will really help you focus on the type of party you can put together.
Planning A Surprise Anniversary Party For Your Parents
If you would like your party to be a surprise for your Parents you will need to get their friends and your family together to help you as you will need them to keep your Mom and Dad busy and to be honest fairly clueless about what is going on.
You will also need to think about a few extras when it comes to surprise party planning...
- Start by confirming the date which will probably be as close as you can get to your parents Anniversary. Please check that your Dad isn't planning on surprising your Mom with a luxury cruise on that weekend or a romantic getaway just the two of them. You can't have the party without them!
Next think about the venue and the number of guests at the same time. Quite often party planners will ask you the numbers first and then find you a venue to fit the number of guests but you may want to hold the party in your own back yard and that could limit the number of guests.
- Check that your venue has space for the date you want and book the space. Obviously after checking with them for the costs.
- Now it's time to send out the invitations and make sure that it is very obvious that it is a surprise party! Have the replies sent to you so you can keep track on who is coming.
When it comes to the day of the party it would be a good idea to get close friends of your Mom and Dad to pretend to take them out for a celebration lunch or dinner. That way your parents will be dressed to party!
And then when they walk in to the venue it will all be a big surprise.
Anniversary Party Planning For Your Parents
If your party is not a surprise then you will probably sit down and have a chat with your parents as to the type of party they would like. You may find that they don't want much fuss and if that's the case then a family dinner may be just what they want but you can still make it extra special for them.
- Confirm the date that they would like to have their party on.
- Next sit down with them and come up with the guest list and also the venue that they would like.
They may want their party back at their original Wedding Venue
In their own home or back yard
Or your home!
Their favorite restaurant or club could also be possibles.
- Book the venue
- Choose the menu
- Order invitations and send them
- Think about the decorations and whether you want favors
~ if it's their Golden Anniversary (50 years) you may want to theme your decor to fit with the Gold theme.
~ if it's their Ruby Anniversary (40 years) the theme is Ruby
~ their Pearl Anniversary (30 years)
~ their Silver Anniversary (25 years)
- Plan transport for your parents
- Book any hotel accommodation that is needed
- Think about a great Anniversary Gift for your Parents too
- Let the venue know the confirmed numbers closer to the day.
Anniversary Year You Were Married Traditional Modern 1st Anniversary 2017 Paper Clocks 2nd Anniversary 2016 Cotton China 3rd Anniversary 2015 Leather Crystal 4th Anniversary 2014 Linen/Silk Appliances 5th Anniversary 2013 Wood Silverware 6th Anniversary 2012 Iron Wood 7th Anniversary 2011 Wool or Copper Desk Sets 8th Anniversary 2010 Bronze Linen 9th Anniversary 2009 Pottery Leather 10th Anniversary 2008 Tin Diamond 11th Anniversary 2007 Steel Jewelry 12th Anniversary 2006 Silk Pearls 13th Anniversary 2005 Lace Textiles 14th Anniversary 2004 Ivory Gold 15th Anniversary 2003 Crystal Watches 16th Anniversary 2002 Silver 17th Anniversary 2001 Furniture 18th Anniversary 2000 Porcelain 19th Anniversary 1999 Bronze 20th Anniversary 1998 China Platinum 21st Anniversary 1997 Brass 22nd Anniversary 1996 Copper 23rd Anniversary 1995 Silver Plate 24th Anniversary 1994 Musical Instruments 25th Anniversary 1993 Silver Sterling Silver 26th Anniversary 1992 Pictures 27th Anniversary 1991 Sculptures 28th Anniversary 1990 Orchids 29th Anniversary 1989 Furniture 30th Anniversary 1988 Pearl Diamonds 31st Anniversary 1987 Timepiece 32nd Anniversary 1986 Cars 33rd Anniversary 1985 Amethyst 34th [...]
Chosen a great gift and now need a card to go with it?We have just the thing!Use our free Anniversary templates to create your own card and print them at home, no cost, no hassle.
Since the Middle Ages couples have celebrated their Wedding Anniversary with symbols of their love and over the years these have developed into the Traditional, Modern, Gemstone and Flower lists.Each gift has meaning behind it, showing you how much your love has grown over the years and how much you mean to each other. Plus [...]